What is Comunidad?
- A vibrant New Church Development in Springdale, Arkansas.
- A learning community where, on average, 83% of participants attend Sunday School.
- A worshipping body with a median age of 28.
- A family that supports, encourages, and prays for one another.
- A community that has increased financial offerings by over 50% in the past year alone.
This is Our Ministry!
- La Comunidad is led by our own Presbytery Evangelist, Rev. Jesse Gonzalez.
- The Presbytery of Arkansas is committed to serving our state’s growing Hispanic population.
- For more information about how your congregation can help, contact commission chair Rev. Breck Castleman at firstname.lastname@example.org; 479-799-6229.
Planning for Our Future
- Traditional models for new church development funding do not fit this unique cross-cultural outreach to a mobile community, many of whom lack citizenship documentation, and most of whom live at economic standards well below what most of us would consider “middle class.”
- Our large original salary and benefits grant will have all been used as of December 31, 2011. Now is the time for the Presbytery of Arkansas and its congregations to step up and commit to the funding needed to continue the salary and benefits of our Presbytery evangelist, Rev. Jesse Gonzales.
- The presbytery will be asked to consider directly supporting a portion of the 2012 salary and all of the pension and health benefits. Sessions are invited to pledge (now) or give directly (by December 31) to “La Comunidad,” by sending a letter of 2012 commitment or specific checks for $500, $2000, $5000 (or any other amount) to the presbytery, and by making plans to continuethese gifts in future years. A specific motion will come to the October presbytery meeting.
- Help us to keep Hispanic Ministry as a priority, both in Arkansas and across the PC(USA).